MPC 2.11.5 Desktop Software and Firmware Update
MPC 2.11 Desktop Software is now compatible with macOS Monterey and Windows 11.
MPC adds native support for running on Macs with Apple Silicon M1 and M1X processors.
The MPC 2.11 desktop software includes MIDI maps for popular Ableton, Arturia, Korg, M-Audio and Native Instruments controllers.
This release is for MPC One, MPC Live Mk2, MPC X, MPC Live and MPC Key 61 hardware.
Downloading the Update
To download the MPC 2.11.5 Desktop Software Update, log into your Akai Pro user account or through MPC 2 when prompted. For instructions on installing the update, please visit our knowledge base article here. Link needs updating, it was updated for 2.11.1 but this seems to be the same firmware walkthrough as below rather than a separate page for the desktop software installation.
To download the 2.11.5 Firmware Update, navigate to the MPC product page and click on Downloads to find the Mac and PC download links:
- MPC Live product page
- MPC Live Mk2 product page
- MPC X product page
- MPC One product page
- MPC Key 61 product page
For instructions on installing the update, please visit our support page here.
Stability and reliability
- Certain Splice samples that would not load in previous releases, will now load correctly
- The Splice subfolders By BPM, By Instrument, By Key, and By Tag will now appear in the browser
- Samples in all Splice subfolders can now be auditioned
- Splice ‘All Your Samples’ subfolder will now be populated with all synced samples
- Freeze can no longer occur when syncing Splice samples and performing certain actions
- MPC X Data Dial no longer increments in values of 2 when using in controller mode with Windows
- Text now displays correctly when running MPC in macOS 13 Ventura
- Hype, Mellotron, Solina and Odyssey downloads now work correctly in the Activate Plugins page
- Hype macro values have been corrected
- OPx-4 FX slide-out menus no longer have empty slots
- OPx-4 envelope loop options are now indexed correctly
- Duplicating a plugin program will now retain edited values
- Freeze no longer occurs when shutting down/quitting with a combo box open on the TUI
- Next Sequence mode will now show sequence names on the MPC GUI pads
- Download button no longer erroneously appears when using multiple drives in the Activate Plugins page
- External drive selection is now retained in the Activate Plugins page if it is removed before shutdown
- Arpeggiator no longer stops when changing plugin presets
- MIDI Learn factory maps are now indexed correctly