All included software and content downloads are wrapped into one location that will be made available in your Akai account after registering the MPD 226.
- Launch your web browser and go to our website here.
- Go to the top right-hand corner of the website and click on Account. You will be prompted to a new page to either Create a New Account or Sign In.
(If you are a new customer, click on Create an account or Sign In if you are a already have an account with us.)
- Select Register New Product in your inMusic account once you are signed in
- Enter the MPD's serial number in the provided field. Be sure to enter the complete serial number as it appears on the bottom of your product.
Accessing Your Included Software Content
The serial number is located on a bar code sticker on the bottom of the unit and begins with (21). Select Check Serial to confirm your device type. From here, enter your location of purchase to complete registration.
Now that the steps have been completed above, you will have successfully registered your MPD controller! All of your registered products will show up under My Products.
Scroll down on your "My Products Page" and click "View Downloads" where you will see all of your available Software Downloads, including a link to redeem a copy of MPC Beats that is included with the registration of your MPD.
click "Download Now" where you will then be directed to the MPC Beats product page where you enter your email for the next steps
Installing MPC Beats
- Enter your information at the product page you are directed to, and at the end of filling out the form and click. "Get Download Link"
- Head over to your email address where you will find a link for an MPC Beats Installer for both Windows and Mac OS
- Select the appropriate version for your computer and run the installer. (Windows users may need to extract the folder content before running the installer)
After the installation process is complete you can click "Finish" and launch MPC Beats, the last step is to connect your MPD 218 to your computer via its original USB Cable included in the product's box. You are now ready to start making music inside of you newly installed version of MPC Beats Software!
For a more extensive list of tutorials, head over to www.akaipro.com or to find out more about your controller, head over to our YouTube page at (240) AkaiProVideo - YouTube