Akai Pro MPD218 | MIDI Mapping in MPC Beats
Modified on: Wed, 17 Aug, 2022 at 3:40 PM
Preparing you MPD218
- Connect your MPD218 to your computer via the provided USB cable.
- Press PROG SELECT and then PAD 1
Setting Up Midi Preferences
- Open MPC, and navigate to Preferences
- On Mac, this is done by clicking on the program's name (MPC 2.0/MPC Beats) in the Menu Bar, thqen Preferences
- On PC, this is done by clicking Edit, then Preferences
- Navigate to the MIDI/Sync tab
- Click and highlight the Master, Control, and Track options for you MPD 218
Importing the MIDI Map
- Download the file labeled MPD_218_New_Mapping located below.
- Open MPC Beats and select the Midi Learn tab in the bottom right corner (or press ctrl+shift+L).
- Click the button to the far right of the Global MIDI Settings tab and select Import.
- Locate the .xmm file named MPD_218_New_Mapping to import, and click Load.
Your MPD218 will now be mapped to MPC Beats!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.