The Akai Fire is the first dedicated control surface built to interface directly with FL Studio. Featuring velocity-sensitive pads, an OLED display, and an intuitive one-to-one hardware representation of FL Studio's sequencer, it will be the perfect companion for any beginner or professional FL Studio user. This article will walk through the complete registration, download, and setup of the included software.
- Registering the Akai Pro Fire
- Registering and downloading FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition
- Downloading Fl Studio Fruity Fire Edition
- Unlocking FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition
Registering the Akai Pro Fire
- To register your Akai Pro Fire launch your browser, and go to Akaipro.com.
- At the top right of the page, click Account. On the next page, log in or create a new account if you don't already have one.
- Once logged into your account, click Register New Product.
- Enter the serial number on your Fire and click Check Serial. This can be found on a barcode on the bottom of the Fire and will begin with a (21). Make sure to enter the serial number exactly as it appears on the bottom of your controller, beginning after the (21).
- Fill out the remaining fields and click Register Product to complete the registration.
The Akai Pro Fire controller is sold in two versions: The full version includes a license for the FL Studio software, while the 'controller only' version does not include any software. This allows existing FL Studio license holders to purchase a controller for their software without the added cost of the software license.
Because the 'controller only' version of the product does not include any software, this version cannot be registered to an inMusic account.
If you are having difficulty registering your Fire controller, this is likely the 'controller only' version. Check your proof of purchase or contact your retailer if you are unsure which version you received.
Registering and downloading FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition
- After successfully registering your controller, find the FIRE in your list of registered products and click View Downloads.
- In your list of Downloads, select FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition, then click Redeem Now to be directed to the FL Studio website.
- On this page, you will be asked to log in or create an Image-Line account. If you are new to FL Studio, select No, I am a new customer(You'll create an account next), then Next. If you already have an account you can enter your login credentials by selecting Yes, then Next.
- Enter the requested information to create an account, then hit Next.
- Once your account is created, you will be provided with a serial number. Click the Add button to add it to your account, Confirm, and Finish the process.
Downloading Fl Studio Fruity Fire Edition
- After the license has been added to your account, you can view it from your My Account page.
- Click My Licenses on the left and click the + sign to the right of FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition to see more details about the license. Click the Downloads Page link in the instructions.
- Select your operating system to download the installer.
- Once downloaded, click on the installer to run it and install the software to your computer.
Unlocking FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition
- Open FL Studio Fruity Fire Edition. You will find an icon on your desktop and/or in your application folder on your computer.
- Click on Help, then About.
- Type in your Image-Line credentials, and click Unlock with account.
- Allow FL Studio to close and connect the Fire to your computer before restarting the software. The Fire will need to be connected in order to complete the unlock process.
The Fire will not need to be connected every time FL Studio is opened but should be connected periodically to retain the authorization for the Fruity Fire Edition.