We have created a control script that users can manually install and use to obtain full MIDI integration with Ableton. We recommend this only to users that are familiar with Ableton and will not be able to assist in any troubleshooting should this be unsuccessful. Please see the zipped file attached (this must be unzipped before accessing the script) and use these instructions to install the remote script:
- Download the MPK Mini Plus Control Script.zip from the link below
- Unzip the file you just downloaded to reveal the UserConfiguration.txt file.
- Travel to your operating system's respective location below. Directions on how to use The UserConfiguration.txt file are found in the User Remote Scripts folder, which is stored in Live's Preferences folder. How to access hidden folders:
- Mac: HD:/Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live x.x.x/User Remote Scripts
- Windows: C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Ableton\Live x.x.x\Preferences\User Remote Scripts
- These directions tell you to create a folder in 'User Remote Scripts.' The name of the folder you create will show in the list of Control Surfaces in Live, so you can name it 'MPK Mini Plus.'
- Take the UserConfiguration.txt file extracted in step 2 and paste it into the 'MPK Mini Plus' folder created in step 4. Note: The name must remain unchanged.
- Once the map is installed, please be sure to set your MPK mini Plus to the Ableton preset. Note: you may want to remove the temporary MPK mini Plus remote script from the remote scripts folder before installing any Ableton update that includes the official MPK mini Plus remote script.
This process is also covered by Ableton here.
if you have trouble with this process please reach out to Ableton support, as they will be best suited to help with remote script installation.
Ableton makes it very easy for users to manually map any USB-MIDI controller to their software which is recommended if you wish to configure the mapping differently. Please follow the guide linked below for mapping any USB-MIDI controller with the Ableton software:
We hope this gets you up and running in the meantime! Please be sure to look out for any future Ableton updates for the official MPK mini Plus mapping.