TABLE OF CONTENTS
All included software and content downloads are wrapped into one uni-installer that will be made available in your Akai account after registering the APC mini MKII.
- Launch your web browser and go to www.akaipro.com.
- Go to the top right-hand corner of the website and click on Account. You will be prompted to a new page to either Create a New Account or Sign In.
- If you are a new customer, click on Create an account or Sign In if you are a previous customer.
3. Fill out the necessary information to register as a new user and click Create Account. The minimum length of the password must be equal to or greater than 8 symbols.
4. You have successfully made an account! Click on Account at the top right-hand corner of the website and you will see a drop-down menu. Select My Home.
5. Select Register New Product. Enter the APC mini MKII's serial number in the provided field. Be sure to enter the complete serial number as it appears on the bottom of your product.
The serial number is located on a bar code sticker on the bottom of the unit and begins with (21). Select Check Serial to confirm your device type. From here, enter your location of purchase to complete registration.
6. now that the steps have been completed above, you will have successfully registered your APC controller! All of your registered products will show up under My Products.
Scroll down on your My Products Page and click "View Downloads" where you will see all of your available Software Downloads, including a link to redeem a copy of Ableton Live Lite 11.2.7 that is included with the registration of your APC.
In order to generate a software serial code for Ableton Live Lite, click "Ableton Live Lite 11" and scroll to the bottom, click "Get A Serial." in the location shown above. When you click "Get A Serial" this will generate a voucher code used to activate the license for the Ableton Software in the next part of this process.
Installing Ableton Live Lite - 11.2.7
- After clicking "Get A Serial" you will have successfully generated a voucher code to use at this link here
- Enter the 28-digit Serial Code for Ableton Live Lite
After the code is entered, you will be directed to a page where a download of the software is made available for both Windows and Mac users (along with an additional download version for Intel / Univeral-based processors made available for your convenience.
Next, run the Installer!
Note: some Windows users may need to "Extract All" files for Ableton Live Lite before initiating the installation.
After the software has been successfully installed you will be prompted with the following screen, and at this time you can now open your Ableton Live Lite application.
Upon opening the newest installment of Ableton Live Lite, you will first need to quickly register the license of Live to your Ableton account via the Ableton Live Lite authorization window.
Click: "authorize with ableton.com" where you will be brought to your Ableton User Account at this link :
After the software is authorized, and you click "finish" the first thing Ableton Live Lite is going to do is automatically install its included "Core Library" or "Pre- Loaded Stock Sounds".
Concluding this final installation, you are now ready to connect your APC controller to Ableton Live Lite!
Connecting Your APC mini to Ableton Live Lite
- First, make sure your APC unit is connected to your computer's USB port using the included cable. If you are using a USB hub, please make sure that it has isolated power, and is a "Powered USB HUB"
- Secondly, make sure your MIDI control surface is configured like so in Ableton's MIDI Preferences tab.
|APC mini MK 2||APC mini MK 2 (Control)||APC mini MK 2 (Control)|
You are now set up to start making music inside Ableton Live Lite using your APC mini MK2!
For a more extensive list of tutorials, head over to www.akaipro.com or to find out more about your controller, head over to our Youtube page at AkaiProVideo - YouTube